Join the Toronto Design Offsite Festival (TO DO) to become a part of an exciting network of creative people, exhibitions, events, and a captive audience of designers and design-lovers. Last year we had 65 different public events and exhibitions, from workshops to experimental installations to prototypes to design parties and curated exhibitions, including work by over 450 designers and artists.
OPEN exhibitions, events, and window installations are integral to the Festival’s structure. We welcome anyone presenting design (in any or multiple disciplines, including installations and interdisciplinary practices) to participate.
Participants are responsible for arranging their own venue in the city of Toronto, including spaces such as galleries, studios, cafés, schools, cinemas, and businesses.
Window installations must run for the entire Festival week (January 19-25, 2015), events must take place during Festival week, and exhibitions must run during some part of the week. Installations and exhibition can start before and/or end after Festival week.
- Listing on the online Festival Schedule (one page with up to 6 images, 200-word description, 1 opening reception or other event);
- Listing on the Festival iPhone App (one page with up to 6 images, 40-word description, 1 opening reception or other event);
- Listing in the printed Festival Guide (name, dates, opening reception, location, website URL)
- Inclusion in one “What TO DO” daily e-newsletter and corresponding “What TO DO” website post; and
- TO DO venue signage (e.g. window cling).
All OPEN exhibitions, events, and window installations can be considered for our FEATURED category.
Click here to learn more.
Deadlines & Fees
Regular Registration Deadline: October 3, 2014
Content Deadline: October 15, 2014
$165 for a window installation
$210 for an independent exhibition/event
$285 for a business exhibition/event (including shops, artist-run centres, and private galleries)
$310 for an institutional exhibition/event