Who are you :
My name is Farhood Kolahian and I live and work in Graz Austria. I studied music and sound engineering at the University of Technology Graz. During studying I learned graphic design and photography which has been becoming my passion and my current job. And now I love what I do.
What tools are essential to your life (app, software, etc..)
I essentially use Adobe InDesign and Illustrator for graphical, illustrations and printable design artworks as well as Lightroom and Photoshop for photographic artworks.
What does your office space look like?
I work at home, separately in a room (30qm) where my entire equipment located. In addition to printable artworks I do, I photograph a lot. I mostly photograph whatever is needed for the print artworks I’m busy with, like food photography, product photography etc.
What kind of music do you listen when you are working?
As with listening to music, I have a very different taste to listening music. Depending on what kind of work I’m currently working on I sometimes listen to rock, hard rock, as well as classical or folk music.
Do you have a way to organize your day to maximize your work?
I do meditation as well as going for a run and exercise to maximize my work.
What tips would you give to improve productivity?
• take a break when is needed. Taking a short break sometimes helps a lot to get the work done much better and faster than without,
• working with time and seeing a specific time for your task is sometimes also helpful,
• listening to music,
• and working with passion and love is the most improvement which always works for me.
You're better than your colleagues to :
I am definitely better than my colleagues to get the work done creative enough in the shortest time.
What is the best advice anyone has given you?
The best advice for me comes from Steve Job and it is “DESIGN IS NOT JUST WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. IT’S HOW IT WORKS.”
What is your best tip for saving time?
• do not get busy with only one work and do nothing else in parallel. Find things related or not related to the one you are busy with as sometimes other things can complete your work or help you out. Doing some sport or taking a break and doing something completely else affects your work positively.
• Learn from your mistakes!
What is your routine start and end of the day?
I usually start my day by getting up at 6 am and ending at 9 pm. Depending on how much works I have the starting and ending can vary a little bit.
Aside from your computer and your phone, what gadget can you not you go without?
Aside from my computer and my phone, I most of the time take my camera when I go out.