If you’re like many other homeowners who store valuable items in your garage aside from your car, it’s worth repairing a malfunctioning garage door immediately. Over time, even the toughest garage door can wear down, and issues may develop. Professional garage door repair will ensure that the components and mechanism are checked and fixed.
Below are some good reasons why you need garage door repair for your property:
Reduce the Risk of Garage Door Injuries
Garage door injuries are prevalent because they weigh more than a hundred pounds. Every year, there are around 30,000 injuries due to garage door accidents, and several dozen deaths are caused by malfunctioning garage doors. This is why a garage door is one of the most dangerous parts of a house.
While you might find free tutorials online to help fix your garage door, mistakes can happen if you’re not experienced working on garage doors. Also, you might compromise the safety of your family members, and your children could get hurt in the garage door setting.
Using the wrong tools and inadequate knowledge in handling heavy materials may also lead to garage door injuries. That’s why it’s best to hire a professional garage door technician. You can reduce the risk of garage door injuries by hiring a trusted and reputable garage door company, such as Portes De Garage MB.
Here are some examples of garage door-related injuries:
- A garage door accidentally lowering because of malfunctioning sensors or a major component fails. This injury can be avoided by keeping an eye on children and educating them on the possible hazards of playing around garage doors or running underneath garage doors.
- Fingers pinched or getting caught in garage doors is a common accident when operating a garage door, causing severe injuries. Make sure that nobody is near the garage door when it’s operating.
- People might get locked in the garage if the springs are problematic. Cracked, loose, or rusting springs may lead to injuries and a stop in operation, thus getting someone locked inside. If your garage doesn’t have access inside the house or you don’t have the key, getting locked inside a garage may cause dehydration, restlessness, collapse, and death due to poor ventilation.
Get Garage Door Professional Services by Hiring a Trusted and Reliable Company
By hiring a professional garage door services, you’ll benefit from the expertise of highly knowledgeable and trained people to do the garage door repair services. Trust only a garage door repair company that can provide you with long-lasting amazing results and performance for a smooth-running garage door operation.
Here are some tips when hiring a garage door repair company:
- Obtain the credentials of the garage door repair company, like permits, training certificates, and licensing.
- Check the garage door repair company’s website and learn more about their services. You can check their “About Us” page to know the beginnings of the company. In that way, you’ll see if the company is new or is a seasoned business. On your first interview, you can also ask about the company’s tenure or years of experience in the industry.
- Get the contact details of the company on their website, online directory, or yellow pages. If a company doesn’t indicate physical address on any of their portfolio, like their business website, then you have to think twice to hire their services. Legitimate service operation should not restrict any company to provide all relevant information pertaining to the business profile and services.
- Watch videos about the garage door repair company and see their online portfolio. A great company is proud to present their excellent work and output via social media channels and video platforms for video marketing, like Facebook and YouTube. Learn more by checking this video
Benefit from a Full Range of Garage Door Services by Hiring a Contractor
When hiring a garage door contractor, you have to choose one that offers a full range of garage door services. Of course, you want a professional to help you when garage door emergencies arise, like getting locked up inside the garage. Choose a garage door company that can offer reliable services, quick responses, and a flexible schedule, servicing all garage door sizes and configurations.
Here is a detailed list of garage door repair services that reliable and experienced contractors provide:
- Garage Door Installation: It includes new garage door installations such as the main garage door, the track, springs, hinges, cables, locks, handles, and rollers. Also, expect complete installation and service of a new garage door. All garage door parts should be inspected. A garage door professional should make adjustments to fit garage openings, servicing all elements during installation to ensure all garage door parts are working properly after being installed.
- Garage Door Replacement: This garage door service includes removing and hauling away old garage doors and replacing parts.
- Electric Garage Door Openers: This repair service applies to electric garage door openers, including servicing the lift mechanism that pulls and guides the garage door up and down. It is not part of the garage door and is repaired or serviced in intervals. Typical garage door opener services include inspection or assessment, adjustment, lubrication, and repair. The mounting is inspected along with the attachment to the garage door.
- Repair or Service All Brands of Existing Openers: A good garage door contractor also carries a wide array of garage door parts, repairing and servicing all garage door opener brands.
- Torsion Spring Replacement: A garage door’s torsion spring is responsible for generating energy, being wound around a shaft instead of stretching in order to provide a lift of the garage door. A person who is not trained to repair or replace torsion spring of garage doors should never attempt to do it because it is a very dangerous task. It’s best to call a professional garage door technician to repair or service problems with garage door springs.
- Off-Track Garage Door Repair: A professional garage door technician services and repairs rollers that came off guide tracks. At this point, your garage door is at risk of collapsing.
- Sagging Garage Door Repair: As your garage door and home age, your garage door can move and shift. If this happens, your garage door should be reinforced or realigned. You’ll need a garage door technician to adjust your garage door and inspect the opening to ensure that it isn’t damaged. The garage door repair specialist will fix all parts as needed and make any necessary garage door adjustments.
- Panel Replacement of Garage Door: If only a section of your garage door is damaged, the technician can replace just one section instead of the entire door. That’s why you need a professional to assess or evaluate your door to save money on parts replacement or replacing the entire door.
- Roller Replacement of the Garage Door: Sometimes, the guide wheel leaves the tracks and it can be replaced when it’s old and has worn out. Also, you can simply upgrade it to nylon rollers so it will run more quietly.
- Sectional Garage Door Replacement: It is the same as replacing your garage door. However, this case involves repairing or replacing just the section of your garage door.
- Replacement of Cable and Broken Springs: The cable connects the spring to the garage door so these two services are usually packaged together. Because cables and springs are made of steel, they tend to rust or wear out, warranting replacement as necessary.
- Garage Door Safety Inspections and Tune-Up: This involves a comprehensive check of garage doors. The technician will evaluate, make minor repairs, minor adjustments, and lube the garage door. It will add life to your garage door is carried out every year.
- Planned Maintenance: This service is crucial to ensure the longevity of your garage door. It is the same as garage door inspections and tune-up but includes up to three doors and openers. At least, it will give you peace of mind that your residential garage door is working properly. Also, it ensures you’ll have yearly coverage of well-trained technicians.
- Reset Wireless Keypads: If your battery-operated remote control needs repair or programming, a garage door technician can also help by resetting wireless keypads.
- Additional Remotes: A service technician can help you program your additional remote controls to match your existing garage door opener.
Save Time and Money
By hiring a professional garage door technician, you’ll save time and money in the long run. It means that you don’t have to shop around to look for high-quality parts or garage door tools needed for a DIY garage door repair. Professional garage door services will prevent future problems that would warrant expensive repairs.
It’s a waste of time buying tools and garage door parts if you’re not trained using and to install them. This is why hiring a qualified and experienced garage door repairman is highly recommended for proper installation, repair, and to save time and money in the long run.
Service Guarantee and Warranty
By hiring a professional garage door contractor or technician, you’ll get a service guarantee or warranty. It will ensure that the materials and work are fully covered for a specific period of time. It means that you get free garage door repairs in the future if any other garage door issues develop after their work has been done.
Choose a garage door company that is committed to providing you with the best service and the leading warranty on garage door repair and installation. You’ll find garage door companies offering repair work warranty for up to five years. It means that the garage door company will correct any issues related to poor workmanship, including repair and replacement of faulty parts within the specified warranty period without charging for labor.
High Level of Convenience
When it comes to hiring an expert to repair your garage door, problems can be diagnosed quickly. Also, the repairs are promptly completed so you can continue using your good running garage with ease. If you decide to repair your malfunctioning garage door alone, it may take several days or even weeks to remedy the problem.
A professional garage repair technician can handle broken springs and cables, replace rollers, fix off-track garage doors, replace sections, ensure garage door safety, and change openers and accessories. Also, you’ll get expert advice on how to properly operate your garage door and what signs to check out for if it is not working properly.
Garage Door Repair Ensures Your Safety
As previously mentioned, repairing garage door problems on your own may put you at risk of suffering from injuries. That’s why it’s better to hire a professional garage door technician than doing a DIY job without the right training and experience. A professional can also assess other issues aside from the main issue you’re having with your garage door.
Don’t compromise your safety and those of the people around you. If you repair your garage door without the right knowledge and skills, the other parts of the door might malfunction, which will cause major problems and costly repairs. Also, you’re not sure if the solution or technique you’re using will fix the issue for good. If you have uncertainties, call a professional garage door technician right away.
Here are the advantages of hiring a garage door expert to ensure your safety:
- A garage door technician has the right knowledge, skills, and experience to do the job, applying guidelines for safe garage door repair and services.
- Experts have the right tools and equipment to do the job.
- You’ll be given a service guarantee and warranty for your peace of mind, saving you money from unexpected early garage door repair and servicing.
A garage door repair service will provide you with peace of mind, a high level of confidence, service guarantee, and great savings. Compared to DIY repair, professional garage door repair provides long-term benefits, such as avoiding the occurrence of the same problem or experiencing worse garage door issues. Keep you and your family safe by leaving garage door repairs to the hands of experts.