1638 – when the first established brick-and-mortar casino opened its doors. It was in Venice, Italy – and it’s almost hard to believe that casinos have been running that long, but it won’t come as a surprise that they’re still going strong.
These days, while many are still drawn to the bright lights and sights of Las Vegas, the online environment has really flourished. Much more accessible and convenient – with the options of gaming at home or on-the-go – sites like megalotto.com attract players with their promotional offers and exceptional range of games.
But why choose? Both brick-and-mortar casinos and their online counterparts have their advantages and benefits – and it of course, ultimately comes down to personal preference. Read on as we list the reasons why both should be considered.
- Atmosphere – there’s no denying that the atmosphere at a land-based casino beats that of an online casino. It’s an experience in itself – a vibrant hub of social and gaming activity. For many players, it’s that buzz that draws them to the brick-and-mortar casino and the experience is unique, it simply cannot be replicated in the online environment – even through the inception of live games.
- Tradition – there’s something about a trip to the brick-and-mortar casino that ticks all the boxes. As well as the social experience and games themselves, there’s also the aspects of food & drink, and entertainment covered. For some, the casino provides the perfect night out, all in one place – the same way a dedicated Bingo hall or even a leisure complex would. Much like a weekly ticket for the Lotto or the Pools, the casino is a safe haven of fun and frivolity.
- Ease of pay-out – when you’re done with a night of casino fun at your land-based establishment, you simply exchange your chips for your winnings. You are able to cash-in and cash-out as much as you like during the session, and immediately, you’ll receive your money. With online casinos, you’re waiting on the transaction between the operator and your bank, and this could take longer than a working day. Of course, the benefit of online casino cash-outs is that you don’t have physical money on your person – which certainly is ideal if you hit the jackpot!
- Convenience – for some, land-based casinos simply aren’t an option – whether it’s due to location, transport or time. But online casinos are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year. Players are able to sign up and log in on their desktops, laptops, mobiles or tablets – and those on portable devices have the option of playing from the comfort of their own home or on-the-go. That’s one way of making the daily commute to work on public transport more desirable!
- Choice of games – of course, online catalogs aren’t limited in the same way that space in a land-based casino is. Online casinos are able to offer a wide choice of games, introducing new titles regularly and give players the opportunity to try free games before committing to depositing funds – something that the brick-and-mortar casinos cannot compete with. Whether you like traditional table games, want to try something with a modern twist on the classic or fancy your hand at a live game, online casinos cover all bases.
Promotions & bonuses – while both forms of the casino offer promotional offers and bonuses for players, these are a lot more prevalent and easier to access online. Whether you’re a new player or a loyal one, there are many different kinds of bonus available – from free spins on dedicated Slots games, to deposit and non-deposit bonuses. As with anything, always read the small print as these offers may only be available for a specific time and on a small selection of games.