We blame movies for making us dream about applying makeup in front of a luxurious vanity. And even without Hollywood, how can we not? Imagine getting ready in your own professional beauty room with the perfect lighting and the perfect mirror.
If you’re like the rest of us and do your makeup in the bathroom or by a small corner at your desk, this is a sign to upgrade your beauty game. But where do you begin when assembling the right vanity for your needs? Well, this is why we’re here to help.
First, you must start with a mirror. You need to find the right size and shape, one that’s based on the wall you have available. One fundamental element you need to consider when selecting the right mirror is the lighting system, so be sure to include it in your checklist.
What’s the Best Lighting for Makeup?
It’s impossible to apply flawless makeup without proper lighting. If you don’t have access to natural light, you need something close to one so that you can see your (or a client’s) undertone.
A neutral light with a dimmer switch will change the way you do makeup forever; no more relying on too cool or too warm lights. Set it around 4200K, which is the hue closest to neutral light.
Once you’re familiar with the correct light setting, it’s time to look for a mirror to complete your vanity.
Wall-Mounted Mirror With Lights
There are many vanity mirrors on the market that have built-in lighting. But since you’ll be spending long hours in front of the mirror, you need to find a mirror with lighting technology that doesn’t overheat.
We recommend wall-mounted mirrors with lights because they’re much easier to install and can fit any space in your room. You can place it above your dresser or a desk-turned-beauty table for that DIY touch.
There’s Actually a Right Position for Lighting Spots
Avoid mirrors that only have light strips or bulbs above the mirror. This will give you overhead lighting, which creates unflattering shadows under your eyes and chin—not suitable for makeup! Instead, find a mirror with lights on all sides to illuminate your face correctly.
How to Create a Vanity in a Small Space
If you don’t have a space in the room for a dedicated vanity, don’t worry. You can still create a minimal beauty area with all your essentials in it. If you already have a dresser or table, all you need is a vanity mirror with lights, some storage cabinets, and you’re good to go.
Having a dedicated vanity is not only good for makeup but also skincare and fashion!
For Amateurs and Beauty Professionals
Finding a vanity mirror with lights in Canada is not that difficult, thanks to stores that offer international shipping. Whether you need a beauty mirror for your home or studio, there’s something for everyone.
If you’re still on the fence about investing in a good vanity mirror, let us help you. Here are some of our recommendations that are indeed worth your dollar.
- Lumina Pro offers vanity mirrors with lights in Canada and the rest of the world. What makes their mirrors so unique are the built-in Bluetooth speakers and screen touch-sensitive controls. The mirrors have frosted LED bulbs with fully adjustable color temperatures (6400K, 3000K, and 4200K).
- Vanity mirrors with lights from Cantoni, an Italian brand, have direct and indirect lighting enclosed in an anodized aluminum frame with a convex profile. This allows the mirror to adjust a radius of 180 degrees, with the emission of the backlighting concealed in the internal wire.
- Vanity mirrors with lights from HSBAIS provide various color temperatures, including warm light (3000K; equivalent to coffee light) and white light (6000K; equivalent to office light).
- Vanity mirrors with lights from Lightology are designed to maximize direct illumination. Ideal for precision tasks such as makeup application and shaving, the mirrors feature tunable white LED lights that allow you to select the color temperature. Select between 6500K for a day of outdoor activities, 4600K for your daily routine, or 2700K.
- Vanity mirrors with lights from Illuminated Mirrors are crystal clear, diamond cut, and corrosion-resistant. The beautifully sleek and easy-clean finish complements any modern interior. Also, the super-bright LEDs give you complete control of your look, and the elegant dimming control lets you set the mood.
Always Do Your Research Before Buying
This is a golden rule when it comes to shopping, especially if you’re on the hunt for a good vanity mirror. You need to be sure what kind of mirror is more efficient for your space—a wall-mounted one or a tabletop mirror? By asking these questions, you will have a better idea of which one to get to maximize your vanity.
Photo by Kunal Bhutani from Pexels