The rampant legalization of cannabis worldwide has helped the marijuana market grow exponentially. As more research highlighting the medicinal benefits of cannabidiol comes out, this growth will continue. Research papers have also stated the damage caused by traditional cigarettes, which cause severe damage to our cardiovascular and pulmonary systems. Individuals buy CBD vape pens to avoid such danger by switching to a healthier and safer alternative. Is it wise to buy CBD vape pens, and do they cause any harm or side effects? Read on to learn more about vaping devices, their potential benefits, and whether purchasing them is a wise option.
What are Vape Pens?
Over the last few decades, people have tried actively to break their smoking habit as they cause various physical issues. The research found that traditional cigarettes contain more than 7000 chemicals and 70 carcinogens. As a result, people were looking for a healthier, safer, and more sustainable option that enables them to smoke. Vaping devices resemble cigarettes in several ways but differ in their method of substance delivery.
While traditional cigarettes require individuals to inhale the smoke produced on burning tobacco, vaping involves inhaling the vapors formed. Such devices use a battery to heat a filament or coil, which warms an e-liquid or cartridge. On heating, these vaping liquids produce a vapor that individuals can inhale, similar to taking in smoke produced by a cigarette. While smoking generates new chemical compounds through combustion, vaping is a healthier option as it does not create new substances. As a result, individuals need not worry about taking in more toxins or chemicals.
Hemp-Based Vape Carts
Most people now prefer to buy CBD vape pens as it enables them to avoid nicotine and tobacco. Individuals want to reduce their dependence on these substances because they cause various physical ailments in us. Cannabidiol, on the other hand, is one of over a hundred compounds found in the cannabis plant that possesses several medicinal properties. As a result, these hemp extracts can help prevent various ailments and provide therapeutic benefits to users. The 2018 Farm Bill legalized the marketing and sale of hemp products containing less than 0.3% THC. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol is non-psychoactive, making it safer for extended use.
While manufacturers can extract these compounds from marijuana and hemp, they prefer the latter for legal reasons. Marijuana contains higher concentrations of tetrahydrocannabinol, whereas hemp is an industrial variant possessing more cannabidiol. Additionally, the market offers various products containing different concentrations of flavonoids and cannabinoids. Individuals trying to avoid THC at all costs can opt for isolates that serve as the purest form of cannabidiol. However, these products do not produce the benefits of the entourage effect, wherein terpenes and cannabinoids enhance the impact of CBD. Broad-spectrum products are the best option for individuals who wish to avoid THC as it includes all the other terpenes and cannabinoids. If you don’t mind inhaling tetrahydrocannabinol, full-spectrum items that contain all terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids are optimal.
Benefits of Vaping CBD
- Individuals vape cannabidiol oil to reduce their dependence on nicotine or tobacco. Cannabidiol offers respite from withdrawal symptoms, allowing individuals to lower their dependencies organically over time.
- Cannabidiol possesses potent analgesic properties that help alleviate symptoms associated with chronic and acute pain. These compounds interact with our body’s endocannabinoid system to regulate and optimize pain management. As a result, vaping such substances can help individuals suffering from conditions that cause sustained and chronic pain.
- Since these devices allow individuals to inhale vapors from e-liquids directly, they enable fast-action and long-lasting effects. When people consume edibles or pills, they have to wait till their digestive systems process the compounds to feel the impact of cannabidiol. However, vaping offers quick and instant benefits as the hemp extracts reach the bloodstream much faster through this route.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of cannabidiol help in preventing excessive swelling and redness. The body uses inflammation as an immune response against external threats that can cause physical danger to the body. Hemp extracts interact or bind with our CB2 receptors, which are responsible for regulating our immune response. As a result, vaping can prevent excessive inflammation and swelling. These symptoms, when left untreated, can cause mobility issues.
- One of the most beneficial properties of cannabidiol is its anxiolytic or relaxing abilities. These substances can calm our nerves and relax our muscles effectively. As a result, individuals suffering from social anxiety disorders and neurological issues can benefit from such products. The neuroprotectant and anti-spasmodic properties of CBD also help in treating seizures and epilepsy.
What are the side effects of Vaping CBD?
Like with any other products, vaping CBD produces some side effects. However, people use these products because they induce such effects, enabling people to manage their physical and mental conditions. However, consumers do not prefer all of the side effects caused by vaping. Nonetheless, none of these side effects cause life-threatening issues. When it comes to smoking traditional cigarettes, this isn’t the case, as it produces several physical ailments and can be an addictive habit. Some of the milder side effects of vaping CBD that can affect consumers are as follows.
- Taking larger doses of cannabidiol can make individuals feel drowsy, which helps individuals suffering from sleep-related disorders, such as insomnia. However, to bring about such effects, consumers have to ingest around 160mg of cannabidiol, as per research.
- Consuming cannabidiol can help individuals stay alert and stimulated for longer durations when consumed in smaller doses.
- It can help lower the activity within the amygdala, leading to a calmer and more relaxed demeanor. Such properties can also help individuals suffering from anxiety, depression, and hypertension feel more at ease.
However, research papers have never found any evidence to consider cannabidiol toxic, unlike nicotine or tobacco. While THC requires more studying and analysis to decipher, cannabidiol does not pose any threat to us. However, some individuals have had to face the following side-effects though their occurrence is rare.
- Decreased appetite
As you can see, no studies or research emphasizes the danger of cannabidiol. Hence, there is no reason individuals should refrain from buying CBD vape pens. On the contrary, such devices can enable individuals to reduce their dependence on harmful substances like nicotine and tobacco. Over time, cannabidiol can also allow consumers to manage several physical and mental ailments. However, it is advisable to consult a doctor before starting any hemp-based regimen to prevent adverse drug reactions. Those who want to avoid smoking completely can always opt for tinctures and oils to get their daily dose of CBD. How has vaping cannabidiol helped you transform your lives? Help others switch to healthier alternatives by sharing your experiences in the comments below!