Since its inception, social networks have united millions of people around the world, providing the opportunity for free communication. People are used to visiting social networks, exploring new items in the stories of friends, viewing and posting all kinds of content. Many people spend a lot of time on popular social networks. And it is not surprising that nowadays social networks are used as an effective marketing tool, a platform for advertising and even making sales. Applications published for public access can be:
- paid and free;
- informational, entertainment and commercial;
- solve the user’s problem and not only.
The answer to the question of how to design a social media app varies depending on the social network used, the potential audience, the main goals and objectives of the product owner and potential customers. As part of the material, we will consider the most popular application designs in social networks, the effectiveness of using such applications, the main types and other information that is useful for every business owner to know.
Most Popular Social Media Apps: Key Features and Development Challenges
Considering the huge audience united by the largest social networks, it is foolish not to take advantage of the opportunity to attract new customers. Of course, along with the various types of advertising offered by the social network, mobile apps are gaining popularity, which is growing every year. When developing a social media application, you need to determine:
- circle of your potential buyers (age, gender, interests);
- think over the concept of interaction (whether the application will be used as a conductor or the main sales tool);
- develop a design (the topic deserves a separate consideration, since there are a number of subtleties that it does not hurt to know about);
- develop a promotion strategy.
Each of the points has its own branching of directions, determined by the task of the application. Now about each of the points in more detail
We create an application for social networks: pitfalls and subtleties
Market research and analytics is a top priority at the stage of developing an application concept. Understanding the needs of the audience, the application will not need special advertising – it will quickly become popular, and new users will be added on their own. And here the first difficulties appear for the business owner:
- You will have to offer something unique that others do not have.
- The first steps after the release of an application are largely an indicator of its potential.
- Particular attention should be paid to the parameters of adaptability and compliance with the requirements of social networks for the posted content.
- Carefully work out the design.
Thinking over the design is one of the most important steps towards creating a sought-after application. Therefore, it is better to turn to professionals for help. First, you need to familiarize yourself with the trends in design solutions that are already actively used (the main ones are described in the article posted at https://fireart.studio/blog/7-best-examples-of-parallax-web-designs-for -inspiration /).
We test and launch
End of application development – testing. This stage will maximize the application mechanism and make it as useful as possible for users. And finally, when everything is ready, you can present the product to the whole world. How to do it right? This will largely depend on the type of application. For example:
- the release of an application for the banking sector is announced in advance in order to attract the maximum number of interested users (the announcement is used for different types of applications, allowing to assess the interest of potential customers in the product);
- posting and providing unique offers for new users (for example, if the application is paid, a subscription is offered for a while without making a payment, so that the user can familiarize himself with the capabilities of the application and understand whether there will be a need for it);
- posting information about the product on websites, in other social networks, preparing video content to direct users to the application, and much more.
Of course, the larger the advertising campaign is, the more users can be attracted literally from the first hours of launch. Subsequently, it is necessary to carry out maintenance and updating, but this is a completely different story that requires separate consideration.
Photo by Isabela Catão from Pexels