Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a common topic of discussion today due to its purported health benefits such as helping with arthritis, pain relief, arthritis, to mention a few. If you don’t want to miss out on these benefits, the doubt of using CBD products has, without a doubt, crossed your mind. Because CBD is extracted from hemp, it only contains up to 0.03% of THC, which is the psychoactive ingredient responsible for making people high. Therefore, you need must have concerns if you’re a first-time user of CBD supplements.
With its long history and its various pros and cons, there are many things that you should be aware of when taking CBD. Before you buy yourself a CBD supplement, it’s best to do exhaustive research to know the frequency and most appropriate time to use it. But knowing when and how often to use CBD products shouldn’t be that complicated. To illustrate this, read below.
When Should You Take CBD Supplements?
A common question among new CBD users is the best time to use CBD supplements. However, there’s no right or wrong answer, and the ideal time is down to individual preference. Therefore, you shouldn’t be in a rush to realize a perfect time to use CBD supplements. Instead, do some experimentation to see the optimal time for you.
With that said, there are a few helpful things you should consider that can best help you determine the best time to use CBD, and these include:
- Types Of CBD Product
There are different types of CBD products, and each of them has a different duration, after which you’ll start feeling its effects. For instance, some CBD supplements such as CBD gummies and capsules take longer for their impact to begin manifesting, usually 2 hours as they first go through the digestive system.
With that said, how long do the effects of CBD oil last? For CBD oil, the results start showing after a much shorter duration, usually 30 minutes. This is because after placing it below your tongue, the CBD oil directly gets absorbed into the special mouth glands to start producing its calming and relaxing effects. The effects of CBD vape also start manifesting right after inhaling due to its high bioavailability.
Therefore, you need first to understand how quickly the effects will start showing before choosing the type of CBD supplement to use.
2. CBD Dosage
Though there are countless benefits to taking CBD, it’s best not to ignore its side effects too. There are precautions to take, especially with the amount your body can handle. Many CBD supplements often have a recommended daily dosage. But despite this, you need to try different dosages to see your body’s reaction. Consequently, this will help you know the best time to use the CBD supplement and the correct dosage amounts. A common strategy among most CBD users is dividing the dosage between the morning and evening to enjoy this supplement’s effects the whole day.
3. Personalized Effects
The human body endocannabinoid system differs from one person to another. This means how your body reacts to a CBD product is different from another person’s experience. Because of this, it’s best first to know the effects using CBD supplement has on you before determining the perfect time to use it.
4. Reasons For Using CBD
What’s the benefit you’re hoping to enjoy by using CBD? It would be best if you had the answer to this question before using CBD supplements. After all, you want to use the CBD product at the time of day when it provides you with optimal efficiency. Here’s an overview of the benefits of using CBD products in the morning:
- Boost your appetite: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it’s for obvious reasons as it gives you the much-needed energy during the morning when one’s most productive. But if you often wake up feeling hungry, consider using CBD in the morning. Consequently, your appetite will improve, and thus find yourself taking breakfast to give you an energy boost to start your day.
- Relax your muscles: After an entire night in bed, your body usually wakes up feeling quite stiff. Using CBD supplements helps relieve this feeling by relaxing your muscles. Therefore, you feel refreshed and ready to embark on your morning tasks.
- Promote healthy workouts: If you enjoy working out in the morning, consider using CBD cream or spray before starting your exercise routine. This helps warm up your muscles and sharpen your focus while working out. CBD products also help after exercising by hastening your body’s regeneration process by easing pain in your joints and muscles.
- Improve your productivity: How you start your day usually affects your entire day. Therefore, you always want to start it right, and CBD helps realize this by stimulating a state of mindful balance. It also helps sharpen your focus and energy levels and boost your productivity.
You may also consider using CBD in the evening when hoping to enjoy some specific benefits, including:
- Stop snoring: Snoring, also known as Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), is a disorder that causes irregular breathing patterns when sleeping. This affects the quality of your sleep and how fast you doze off at night. CBD supplements may help stop snoring if you’re struggling with this issue.
- Promote healthy sleep: Are you struggling to sleep due to pain? If so, CBD will come in handy at such periods due to its pain relief attributes, thereby helping you to sleep. CBD also regulates cortisol levels, a stress hormone that upsets the non-REM (Rapid Eye Movement) cycles, enabling you to sleep. In addition, CBD helps to lower REM sleep disorders, including vocalization, tremors, body movements, and vivid dreams. Therefore, you’ll enjoy quality sleep and wake up fully rested the subsequent day.
- Help in relaxation: After a long and hectic day, you want to relax your body and mind. Using CBD helps you do precisely this is due to its sedative effect, so you enjoy your time unwinding at the end of the day.
How Often Should You Take CBD Supplements?
The frequency of using CBD products differs from one individual to another. With that said, the recommended frequency when if you’re a newbie is using it three times a day. However, you may gauge its impact on your body yourself to know whether to increase or reduce the frequency. With that said, you should use more than 70mg of CBD each day.
You can only enjoy the benefits of CBD when you use it at the right time and an optimal frequency. But knowing this is often confusing for many who end up overdosing or underdosing. You don’t want to make such a mistake, and this guide has detailed when and how often to use CBD products.